
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 120
Traditional Chinese medicine
Patients with habitual vomiting are generally thirsty. Thirst means that the condition is about to resolve. However, if the patient presently has no thirst, this is because there is propping rheum below the heart. Xiao Ban Xia Tang (Minor Pinellia Decoction) governs.
呕家本渴,渴者为欲解,今反不渴,心下有支饮故也。小半夏汤主之。
Medical Story Show
(1-8)
1、cable TV [电视] 有线电视
2、paperwork n. 文书工作
3、jaundice n. 黄疸;偏见;乖僻
vt. 使怀偏见;使患黄疸
4、exam room one 一号诊室
5、pediatrics n. 小儿科
6、cleat n.防滑(运动)鞋
7、painkiller n. 止痛药
8、having an affair 有外遇;通奸;婚外恋
9、megadose n. 大剂量
vt. 给予…大剂量
1、niacin n. [生化] 烟酸;尼克酸
2、do the math 考虑一下、盘算一下
13、prepubescent adj. 青春期前的
14、Can't you give out the aspirin yourself? 你就不能自己去发阿司匹林吗?
15、I made sure your first case was an interesting one. 我保证第一个病例就很有意思。
16、Cough just won't go away? 咳嗽好不起来?
17、Runny nose looks a funny color? 鼻涕的颜色古怪?
18、Patient admitted complaining of back spasms. 病人背部痉挛
19、He's been using his inhaler? 他一直在用气雾吸入器吗?
20、She probably weighed that danger against the danger of not breathing. 她可能权衡过呼吸停止和用药危险的利弊。
——From《House M.D》
World Insight
Summoning the Courage to Change the Things You Can

In the grand scheme of the universe, events are just events.
在宇宙的大格局中,事件就是事件。
It’s the humans — you and I — that assign meaning and judgments to these events.
是人类—你和我—赋予了这些事件意义和判断。
You choose whether an event is…
你判定一件事是……
Bad or good.
坏还是好。
Lucky or unlucky.
幸运还是不幸。
Fair or unfair.
公平还是不公。
You assign judgments to what happens around you and react based on those judgments.
你对周围发生的事做出判断,然后根据这些判断做出反应。
You can change what judgments you assign certain events.
你能改变对某些事件的判断。
Will you characterize coronavirus as a big scary monster that crushes your spirit?
你把新冠病毒看作摧毁精神的大怪兽?
Or can you see it as an opportunity? An opportunity to…
还是把它视为一次机会,一次……
Practice optimism over pessimism.
练习用积极的态度看待困境的机会。
Work on projects you didn’t previously have time for.
做一些你之前没有时间做的事情的机会。
Cultivate a hobby you’ve always wanted to.
培养你一直想要发展的爱好的机会。
Learn a new skill that will progress your personal or professional development.
学习一项能让你个人或职业发展的新技能的机会。
It’s easy to surrender and fall victim to your circumstances — and eventually suffer signs of burnout.
我们很容易屈服于自己的处境,成为环境的牺牲者,最终会出现倦怠的迹象。
Can you, instead, summon the courage to change the things within your power?
相反,你能鼓起勇气改变力所能及的事情吗?
What’s one thing within your power that you can change? What will you do today to create that change in your life?
在你能力范围内你能改变什么?今天,你会做些什么来改变你的生活?
Source: https://thriveglobal.com
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1、habitual [həˈbɪtʃuəl] adj. 习惯的;惯常的;习以为常的
2、assign [əˈsaɪn] v. 分配
3、characterize [ˈkærəktəraɪz] v. 描述
4、crush [krʌʃ] v. 压坏
5、optimism [ˈɑːptɪmɪzəm] n. 乐观
6、burnout [ˈbɜːrnaʊt] n. 精疲力竭
国际交流与合作部